At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
Please indicate which parents will be volunteering this season.
At least one parent/guardian is required to volunteer.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
District Of Columbia
Zip/Postal Code *
Can your child swim the length of the pool (25 yards)? By checking yes, you acknowledge that your child can swim the length of the pool and if after the first two (2) weeks of practice your child is not able to do so, your child will be asked to leave the team and no refund will be given.
Did you swim for another team last year? If yes, name of team.
In accordance with the Policies & Procedures of WHALe, any swimmer who has achieved a TAGS time or Sectional time must disclose this information. Are any of your swimmers registered with USA Swimming?
A. $100.00 for 1st child, $90.00 for 2nd child, $80.00 for each child thereafter.
B. $25 for swimmers 15 & up.
C. Swim-a-thon has a $25.00 family commitment.
D. Volunteer Opt-Out fee is $150.00 (please see Volunteer Requirements and Penalty Agreement).
E. Each swimmer will receive a free T-shirt with paid registration.
A. A swimmer must be four (4) years old and may be no older than eighteen (18) by May 1st of the current swim year to be eligible to compete in a swim meet.
B. A NOVICE is any individual up to and including eighteen (18) years of age. If a swimmer has a current TAGS time, in any distance, in a given stroke, in his/her age group, he must swim that stroke up one (1) age group (example, TAGS time in Breast: 9 year old- must swim in the 11-12 age group for that stroke). If a swimmer does not have TAGS time in IM s/he may swim in his/her own age group. If a swimmer has a Sectional time in any stroke, they are precluded from swimming that stroke in any WHALe meet. If a swimmer has Sectional Times in three strokes, but not the IM, this does not prohibit him/her from swimming the IM. The swimmer must have an IM Sectional Time to prohibit him/her from swimming the IM in a WHALe meet. A NOVICE cannot have swum on any college or university swim team.
C. All swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool.
D. No assisted swimmers shall be allowed to swim or place in the competitive events with the exception of those with disabilities.
Having been informed of the activities to be conducted by the Cimarron Swim Team, I, a parent or guardian of the participant, give my approval for this child’s participation in the activities of the program. I am aware that any athletic activity involves risk of accidental injury, despite all safety precautions. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to the program. I further release from and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Cimarron Swim Team, its officers, coaches, parents and all others associated with the program, for damages resulting from illness or injury of the child occurring during the program, including transportation to and from swim team activities.
One of our goals during our swim season is to make your child’s swim team experience a happy, memorable time. In an effort to keep our swim team fun and rewarding, we ask that all of our swim team members and their parents adopt the following rules:
Behavior Rules for Swimmers:
1. I understand, to avoid any disruptions of practices and swim meets, that I will be on my best behavior at all times and be respectful of the coaches, board members, parents, and other members associated with the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM. I will follow all instructions given by my coaches during my practices and swim meets.
2. I will stay in my designated age group area at all swim meets so my ready bench volunteer can take me to my swim event.
3. I understand that good sportsmanship is a valuable trait and is expected of all members of the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM during all swim team events.
4. I understand that I will NOT mistreat other team member’s personal property (i.e., tossing clothing, towels, goggles or any other personal belongings into the pool, taking items that do not belong to me, eating and/or drinking snacks/drinks that do not belong to me, etc.) I will be responsible for picking up my belongings (i.e., towels, clothing, swim gear, trash, etc.) after every practice and swim meet at the Cimarron Pool and all other pools of our competitors.
Behavior Rules for Parents:
1. I understand, to avoid any disruptions of practices and swim meets, that I will be on my best behavior at all times and be respectful of the coaches, board members, parents, and other members associated with the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM.
2. I understand that good sportsmanship is a valuable trait and is expected of all members of the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM during all swim team events.
3. I understand that NO alcohol consumption and/or intoxication, NO use of or carrying of illegal drugs, NO use of or carrying of weapons, NO smoking inside the pool gate, and NO use of profanity will be allowed on the premises of the Cimarron Pool at any time during practices, team meetings, swim competitions, or other associated events of the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM.
4. Noisemakers and/or airhorns are not allowed at any swim meet.
Consequences of Behavior Problems:
If I do not follow the rules above during a practice, I will not be allowed to participate in the next meet following my 1st warning given by a coach, board member, or other parent volunteer. In the event that I have missed two (2) meets due to behavior problems, I will be asked to resign from the swim team, forfeiting all fees paid. If three (3) warnings are issued during one (1) swim meet, I will be asked to leave the swim competition immediately and resign from the swim team, forfeiting all fees paid. These consequences will be issued directly by the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM Board. Any appeals to these consequences may be submitted to the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM Board after which a meeting by the CIMARRON SWORDFISH SWIM TEAM Board will be held to review the incidents.
Any infractions against alcohol consumption, illegal drug use, weapons, smoking inside the gated pool, or use of profanity will result in immediate removal of the entire family from the swim team without a refund.
Houston Aquatic League, Inc. Parental Release & Consent
OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICIPANTS/SWIMMERS
IN CONSIDERATION OF my
child(ren)/ward(s) being allowed to participate in any way in the West Houston
Aquatic League, Inc. (WHALE) related events, and activities, the undersigned
acknowledges, appreciates, understands, consents, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury to my
child(ren)/ward(s) from the activities involved in this program is significant,
including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while
particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the
risk for serious injury does exist; and,
2. I FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND
CHILD(REN)/WARD (S), KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and
unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF WHALE, or others, and assume
full responsibility for my child(ren)/ward(s) participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply
with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation.
If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child(ren)/ward(s) readiness
for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my
child(ren)/ward(s) from the participation and bring such attention of the
nearest official immediately; and,
4. I for myself, my spouse, my
child(ren)/ward(s), and on behalf of my/our heirs, assignees, personal
representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WHALE; Its’
directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other
participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable,
owners and lessor premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT
TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or
property incident to my child(ren)/ward(s) involvement or participation in
these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR
OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and
5. I, for myself, my spouse, my
child(ren)/ward(s), and on behalf of my/our heirs, assignees, personal
representatives and next of kin HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all of the
above releases from any and all liabilities incident to my child(ren)/ward(s)
involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE,
to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE
OF LIABILITY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL TERMS,UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP
SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING, AND SIGNTHIS RELEASE & CONSENT FREELY
AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
We will hold our Annual Swim-A-Thon in May. The 6 & Under Swim-A-Thon will be held during one of their scheduled practices. There is a minimum $25.00 commitment per family. If the minimum commitment is not received by the posted due date, we will apply the $25.00 charge. Additional details will be posted on the website.
may choose to “opt out” of volunteering by paying a $150.00 opt-out fee. If you fail to fulfill your minimum commitment, we will charge the $150.00 fee. (Please note: we
do not want your money; we want you to volunteer.)
Volunteer Sign-ups will be sent prior to events and meets.
Coach Swimteam would like you to join Remind Swimteam! We ask that all parents join to receive important updates and messages regarding events, practices and meets.
To receive messages via text, text @e555f to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @e555f'.
Trouble using 81010? Try texting @e555f to (832) 532-9082 instead.